Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So news from the DPRK does exist on the internet!

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

So, imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon a link to the the Korean Central News Agency of the DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea)! After a brief overview I found that the articles posted are not especially challenging to read, though their grammar is far better than what I expected. I was so used to only hearing news concerning North Korea when something missile-related happened that I was a little amazed that there were North Koreans going about the world on diplomatic missions (though most posted articles deal with either gifts being giving to the previous (deceased) President, Kim Il-sung, or the current one, Kim Jong-il.) Also, this is just a shot in the dark, but I doubt one will ever find an article critical of the government, or perhaps one that might put it in a poor light. Just a guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment